Tejo Tour – Tejo is the national sport of Colombia. The game was created by the Turmeque Indians (Indigenous tribe) over 500 years ago. The game was played using golden disc called zepguagoscua. Now, the Tejo is played with a steel disc and packets of gunpowder called mechas. It’s an explosively good time for all that play this unique sport!
The itinerary for this excursion is:
- Meet at OLSA International at 8:00 am for a traditional Colombian breakfast; arepa with cheese, scrambled eggs and a cup of coffee / chocolate
- After breakfast we will walk through the Estadio neighborhood to the Floresta Metro station, about 800 meters. We will board the Metro at the Floresta station and travel by metro to the Itaguí Metro station in Envigado
- Once in Envigado we will walk to the Tejo courts located at the Envigado multi-sport complex, polideportivo, (about 900 meters), for a quick history of Tejo and an introduction to the game
- After the introduction – it’s Tejo-time!
- Once we have finished playing Tejo (about noon), we will all go for lunch (included), then return to OLSA by metro.