OLSA International is the only certified Spanish language academy in Medellin, Colombia that is focused on Spanish fluency, not just Spanish theory. Our Certified Spanish University courses are aligned with the United States university system’s Spanish 101, Spanish 102, Spanish 201 and Spanish 202. Our unique courses offer a distinct advantage over traditional Spanish university courses because, although our curriculum follows all state standards, as a private academy, we are free to put Spanish into practice through daily conversation sessions with native Latin bilingual speakers live from Medellin, Colombia!
Take a look below for more information about our tutoring program, substitute teacher services, Spanish University and AP Spanish courses, and our Study Abroad program. Your future is important to us. Join us at OLSA!
Our overall goal here at OLSA International is to help to bring the beautiful Spanish language and the rich Latin culture to life through quality live Spanish instruction and real-time interaction with native speakers currently living in Medellin, Colombia. Our methodologies help our students to think in Spanish, instead of thinking in English and translating to Spanish. This leads to a higher level of natural thought expression and impromptu hearing / understanding / speaking abilities; Ultimately, this gives our students the preparation and confidence to enter jobs where actually communicating in Spanish is a priority.
Our Virtual Spanish courses have two primary objectives.
1. Present the student with traditional university Spanish courses that satisfy the US standards for Spanish 101, Spanish 102, Spanish 201 and Spanish 202.
2. Go beyond the traditional Spanish university course standards by focusing on the student’s oral Spanish fluency through live immersive interaction with our native bilingual Latin staff. In short, OLSA International students learn to SPEAK Spanish instinctively; giving them the competitive advantage in the real-world job market.
Here’s what you can expect from OLSA International’s Virtual Spanish programs. You can see more information about each program below.
– Spanish Tutoring: Have an exam coming up? Prepare for your exam with bilingual native Spanish-speakers! Get help with your homework. Or, improve your Spanish fluency with conversational Spanish classes. Put yourself in a position to be successful!
– Spanish Substitute Teacher: Not feeling well? OLSA International has a number of bilingual OLSA-trained native Spanish-speaking teachers ready to step into your class on short notice. OLSA’s Spanish substitute program is directed by two time Arizona state private school Teacher of the Year finalist, Shane Keeley (see About the Owner below in this box).
– Full-Charge Homeschool Classes: Bring quality and practical Spanish education to your homeschool group. Participate in the same curriculum being taught in the high schools and universities, but on a more personal basis. OLSA International’s native, certified, bilingual, Latin American teachers live in Medellín, Colombia and are a part of the Latin American culture. For authenticity, there’s no substitute for teachers who live their subject matter.
– Full-Charge Classes – Standard: Save your school a lot of money by contracting OLSA International for your virtual Spanish classes. OLSA International’s government-certified curriculum (Vistas/Facetas) is used by universities throughout the United States. Our native, certified, bilingual, Latin American teachers will bring tremendous validity to your Spanish program as they go beyond the state standards with first-hand experience of life and culture in Latin America.
– AP Spanish Accelerated Course: Reward your more driven students with OLSA International’s flagship program – AP Spanish. This program meets two hours daily for a more intensive and apprenticeship-based Spanish class. The first one-hour session, grammar, is limited to 12 students. The second one-hour session, conversation, is divided into even more personalized groups of a maximum 6 students for highly interactive Spanish drills, games and conversation. This program is designed for Spanish conversational fluency within two years.
– Year abroad: Spend a year studying in a Medellín, Colombia with OLSA International! In addition to developing maturity, self-confidence, and gaining Spanish fluency, it will be one of the most rewarding experiences of your life. Gap-year and university students can attend OLSA International, living in one of the many apartments near the academy, and still take virtual classes at their home university! OLSA International is licensed by the government to sponsor student visas.
The OLSA International Virtual Spanish University courses can save your school a lot of money and give your students a much higher quality immersive learning experience. By choosing OLSA International’s Virtual Spanish University courses:
If you are interested in one of our programs, products, or would simply like to contact us, please complete the form below. We will never share any of your information with any third party organizations. All fields are required.